Friday, October 3, 2008

Football Weekly


For the past 7 months or so, I've been listening to a football podcast called Football Weekly, which can be found at the Guardian's website. To make this brief, it's the best thing you can listen to that's about football, at least in my opinion anyway. My weekend football experience isn't complete until I've heard the witty one-liners of James Richardson, or the cynical rants of Barry Glendenning. And then there's Sid Lowe in Spain, who writes an excellent weekly column about La Liga for the Guardian website, and keeps listeners up to date via the telephone on Football Weekly.

Overall, I can't recommend this show enough to any football fans out there. Listen to the latest podcast here, and I guarantee your enjoyment. This might just be the best one I've heard so far, so they're not all up to this standard. But if you're looking for a place where wit meets intelligent football conversation, look no further than Football Weekly. Trust me. Click on the link a couple of sentences up and prepare for your football experience to be enhanced significantly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna download this now but I've got my own version on Skysports ''Sunday Supplement''. Its on every Sunday so they post the videos in Sunday evening. Check it out

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,13989_4779725,00.html?ssvTab=4&ssvSelectedTab=12601&ssvBasket=13989&ssvPage=1

Dec said...

Let me know what you think. I do like that Sunday Supplement alright, which reinforces for me the fact that when it comes to football, journalists are much better people to listen to than ex-players.