Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Winning Eleven

We all have our favourite players, and we all have our players who we think are the best. Sometimes the two overlap, sometimes they don't. What I'm going to attempt to do is to try and come up with a team that basically consists of players I like, and players that might well be the best in their respective positions. It's all subjective at the end of the day of course, so do bear that in mind as you read.

...................................................Casillas.................................................


Sagna.....................Carvalho.....................Vidic.........................Clichy


...................................................Senna...................................................

.............................Xavi..................................Iniesta..............................


.....Messi..................................................................................Kaka.......

....................................................Villa......................................................


There are players such as Rooney who I think are individually brilliant, but they just wouldn't fit into this team. There's also Alex Hleb, who's one of my favourite players, but it's just impossible to leave Kaka or Messi out. Anyone have any strong objections to this team, or perhaps a team of your own? Comment away then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

clichy??? surely evra should go in there??not saying anything about clichy, in fact if i couldnt have evra i'd have clichy.... and rio ferdinand is in my opinion the best in the world in his position at the moment...u may agree but i notice how u had the little bit about not puttin in players u dont like so i hope thats the reason.... and i cant really argue with the rest....

Dec said...

After CLichy's desperate mistake tonight, Im inclined to agree. Still though, He was phenomenal up to that point. As for Evra...Im not 100% convinced about his defensive prowess. He can be a bit too headless for my liking. You're pretty much right about Rio. He's been excellent for the last few seasons, but he's still a knob so I went for Vidic instead.

Niall said...

I dunno about Villa on his own. To be honest, I haven't seen that much of him outside of the Euros, but I'd be inclined to go for someone a bit... bigger, I guess. Put Torres in that team and you're golden. I know you don't have that much time for him, but with Kaka and Messi either side and Iniesta right behind he'd be a machine. Much more so than Villa I suspect.

On another note, I'm perplexed by the lack of Cesc in there. Not that I would, but I thought you would. Hell, I'd have Pirlo, Super Shay and Roberto Baggio (he's still got it) in my team.. But that's just me.

Dec said...

You may be right about Villa on his own, but in my opinion he's a much better player than Torres, and much more clinical too. Maybe I should just go with Fat Ronaldo up front.

As for Cesc, he's not quite good enough to replace either Xavi or Iniesta, who I think are the best and second best central midfielders playing today.