Friday, March 20, 2009

Initial Reaction:

What a rubbish draw. I don't think it could have worked out more boring. Forget all that nonsense I wrote about Porto. They don't stand a chance. Barca v Bayern should be fun, but Barca v anyone would be fun. Liverpool v Chelsea as the 'big game' is just a joke at this stage, and easily the worst of the games that could have materialised from two of the big 5 having to play each other. In short, I've never been so let down by anything in my life. If the favourites go through -- Arsenal, United, Liverpool/Chelsea and Barca -- then we'll have some cracking semi-finals, but I fear for this next round of matches. The Arsenal game should be interesting, but of course that one won't be shown on television. Oh man. I'm pissed. Just think of what the quarter-finals couyld have looked like:

Man Utd - Barcelona
Arsenal - Chelsea
Liverpool - Villarreal
Bayern - Porto

Basically any other draw would have been more satisfying for a neutral. Agreed?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah poor Decie. I read your first blog knowing what the draw was and presumed you'd feel let down. I dont think anyone wanted Pool v Chelsea again. Two good awful games again no doubt. Arsenal Villareal could be a cracker though, 2 really technical teams. Bayern vs Barca should be tasty too. The unfortunate thing is that you won't see either of the promising fixtures live. The semis could be great though. Barca Chelsea could be another tasty one and United Arsenal is nice too. Take consolation in the fact that a good 1/4 draw usually leads to a poorer semi final draw.