Friday, January 23, 2009

The Fame Game

I don't want to name drop or anything, but...

Ah what the hell, I do want to name drop. If you listen to Thursdays Football Weekly, you'll find that one djkelly is slagged off by Barry Glendenning for not getting out enough, and by Sean Ingle for being an inferior statistician. Well, I am that djkelly!

What I didn't understand about the whole thing was the fact that my "stats" were simply that Robin van Persie has scored 12 goals this season, and assisted 11. In other words, not very impressive, and quite possibly not even 100% accurate. Still, it was very cool getting a mention on a favourite podcast of mine, and being discussed by Richardson, Ingle, and Glendenning.

To blow my own trumpet even louder, this is actually the second time something like this has happened. I had completely forgotten about the first time until yesterday since it was so irrelevant, but about a year or two ago I used to regularly watch Real Madrid TV, and especially a program called "Extra Time" which was a discussion program featuring Sid Lowe and Tim Stannard among others. They were asking viewers to send in emails about their favourite goals, so I sent one in about Cambiasso's goal in World Cup 2006 and they read it out and had a little talk about it.

Anyway, that's more than enough about my 15 minutes. Onto the more serious business of Dirk Kuyt moving to Juve for 28m...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went back and listened to it again just to hear that. That was cool, they seemed impressed by your little stat and you got to be part of their playful banter, needless to say I'll be requiring you signature on my penis.