Thursday, January 22, 2009

Catch 22

"I will go to Old Trafford with the weakest team I can possibly find."

So said Harry Redknapp after yesterday's almost disastrous result.

My question is, If you're a Spurs squad player who never gets a game, do you hope you're picked for Saturday, or do you hope Harry overlooks you?

Talk about a catch 22. If you're picked, it means you qualify as being a member of the worst team Harry can possibly put out. If you're not picked, then it means you're not even good enough to start on Harry's "weakest team".

Way to give the squad a much needed boost of confidence, 'Arry. And to think I accused him of being too warm and cuddly not so long ago. You've changed, man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to question your sources but where exactly did you source that headliner quote from? Cause I've seen the iterview with Harry and that's not what he said.

Dec said...

Yeah i didnt hear that on the interview but read it here:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_4832523,00.html

Whether they are quoting him extremely liberally or quoting a different part of the interview im not sure.

Anonymous said...

I'd find it extremely hard to see him saying that and none of the sources I've seen with that quote have sourced it so it's dubious to say the least. Saying that I didn't think he would react in such an idiotic manner to Bent's miss either so it's possible but I would still suggest it may not be accurate.